Well well well… it’s a weird thing turning 30 isn’t it? Not that I’ve turned 30 yet. It’s weird because I’m often told how young I look, to then see shocked faces when I reveal my age. And if we’re talking about what age I feel? I still don’t feel a day over 22. (No, not like that Taylor Swift song…)
But regardless of feeling my age or not, I turned 29 in January and decided sometime before it to set out a 30 before 30 list. Yes, it might be late, but I’m glad I’ve left it until now. I’ve watched/read other 30 before 30 lists to get me inspired and I’ve realised if I wrote it any earlier then I might have put down some unachieveable goals.
I’m talking about goals like; getting married, being successful in my career and starting a family, which are all great goals, don’t get me wrong. But I’ve never wanted to put an age on those type of goals, and I’m glad I didn’t. (Although I did tick off traveling, which would have definitely been on there…)
So my list might be a little different from the typically aspirational list. Instead, my 30 before 30 is more like a 30 things to do before 30. It’s more focused on practical goals and things I can do (and afford), which is critical as I only have just under a year to complete it…
My 30 before 30 list
- Go to a new country.
- Run 10km in under 1 hour.
- Learn new recipes (try 1 new recipe a week).
- Go on a boat tour of Canterbury.
- Learn how to make sushi.
- Make a new friend.
- Get better at French (and look into getting a qualification?).
- Read 30 books.
- See a London Theatre show.
- Hike a local area.
- Drive abroad again, at least once.
- Cycle to Margate (& back).
- Visit and explore Ramsgate Tunnels.
- Visit the Shell Grotto in Margate too.
- Go on a spa day.
- Go glamping.
- Eat at a fancy restaurant I’ve never been to.
- Visit London Zoo.
- Get another tattoo?
- Attend a secret cinema event or movie drive-in.
- Go meat-free for a week.
- Spend a weekend in Brighton.
- Treat myself to 1 beauty product a month.
- Meet my uni friend’s daughter.
- Plan my own 30th birthday party.
- Write a reflective blog post on my 20’s.
- Host a BBQ/party at our house.
- ? ? ?
- ? ? ?
- ? ? ?
Finishing my list
Clearly I haven’t finished my list yet. (Maybe one of my 30 things to do before 30 should be to actually finish my 30 before 30 list!) The real reason I’ve left 3 spaces is because I couldn’t think of any more. Although, there’s another benefit too.
As I begin to tick off my 30 before 30 list I’m bound to think of other things I wish I’d added to the list. So these last three points are reserved for any last-minute bursts of inspiration. (But I’m open to any suggestions too.)
Don’t be a stranger; if you’ve written or completed a 30 before 30 list don’t leave before leaving some of your ideas, thoughts and advice below!